Congratulations!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace106.utsi.edu on July 30, 2001 at 15:50:55:

In Reply to: Akubra Federation posted by Austin Powers on July 30, 2001 at 15:44:23:

I was really hoping you'd get one in hand soon. Glad it's finally there. Hope you enjoy it! High regards. Michaelson

: It's here.

: After ordering just last Thursday night, my Akubra Federation arrived TODAY. Now that's an insanely fast turn-around. I doubt I could mail a letter to someone two towns over and have it arrive that quickly.

: When I ordered I was VERY leary about what size to choose. After hearing so many stories of hats sliding down over ears and the number of lampshade fixes needed, I was afraid to order my normal size or 58(7 1/4). I asked a half dozen Federation owners if I'd be safe in ordering a 58, and they all felt that I would be, with the exception of Fedora. Fedora stated that a recent 56 was a close fit, and that a 57 would be a dead-on 7 1/4. For some reason or another, my gut went with Fedora's comment. After already having ordered a 58, I e-mailed and changed my order to a 57, and I'm glad I did. The 57 is still a little bigger than my old Akubra Bushman 58, and is noticeably larger than my 7 1/4 PB, although it's very close to my 7 1/4 Miller. I still may need to execute the lampshade trick to get that custom-fit feel.

: My first impressions of this hat were great. The brim isn't nearly as wide as I'd thought it would be, the crown looks PERFECT for recreating the 'Raiders' look(it's shaped exactly like the bad guy's open-crowned fedora in Cairo). The crown has NO taper, and the color is MUCH better than I'd expected. After seeing fellow fans' pictures, I was afraid that the Federations were too dark, and that they lacked the proper hue. But in seeing mine in person I can tell ya that I really like the color. It's got much more depth than it displays in photographs, and is really a nice, rich brown. The ribbon and bow are also very well done, although they're closer to 1 3/4" than they are to 1 1/2".

: I took about a dozen pre-modification pictures of my Federation, and as soon as I get in there and start bashin', I'll take some "after" shots. Hopefully I'll have some nice pictures to display by this time next week.

: Peace,
: Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: