New Wested Review

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from d141-46-146.home.cgocable.net on July 31, 2001 at 19:43:48:

Hey:

I promised myself I wouldn't be one of the "I got my new jacket" people, but hey, promises are meant to be broken!

New lambskin Raiders etc...with the NEW ZIPPER! All I can say is holy shit, is this thing ever good looking. The zipper is a MUCH heavier gauge than the one they were previously using, it has a lot more heft to it, and feels stronger. Also, the D-rings in the back are silver, not brass like my old(er) Wested had.

The collar tips are very rounder than my previous jacket, and the collar just sits a lot better, it doesn't cling to the jacket like my old one did.

The leather grade appears to be about the same as the old lamb...I know I'm not making sense, if I can get the digital camera from work I'll try and take some pictures this week.

Anyway, I'm very happy and it only took 2 months - this is even after I asked Peter to change the zipper when they got the new ones a couple of weeks ago...I had to wait an extra 2 weeks but it was worth it!

BTW - the make of the zipper is RIzip...I'm gonna search the net to see if I can dig anything up...

Cheers!
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: