Very Cool. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on July 31, 2001 at 20:23:49:

In Reply to: I found one of my files, which has another estimate... posted by Patterson on July 31, 2001 at 18:04:42:

: I took a shot at actually applying the software to the coiled whip on his belt in RotLA. I took every screen shot I could get with the whip, used a variety of variable plugs for the angles, and isolated the most consistent length.

: With a 90% threshold, I was able to estimate the end of the handle to the beginning of the fall at 110.8 - pretty danged close to 10 feet once you add 8 inches. At a much tighter threshold of 98%, the length dropped only 4.2 inches, to 106.6 inches - still nowhere near an 8 footer.

: One correction to my previous post? I erroneously said I measured to the end of the fall somewhere up there - I actually did measure it to the beginning of the fall.

: One less "technical" note? Take an 8 footer and coil it up. Then take a 10 footer and coil it up. The 8 footer just does not look like there is enough there - IMHO.

: Again, hope this helps!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: