Re: Wested Jackets Owners

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Pete from 166.94.49.96 on July 31, 2001 at 21:17:56:

In Reply to: Wested Jackets Owners posted by Frisbee on July 31, 2001 at 20:33:51:

: Ok guys i need some help here.

: Im trying to email Wested, iv emailed them about 5 times now with no response.

: So thought maybe you guys could help me out, with a couple of questions.

: I wear a size 46 in a suit jacket, but it would be way to small in the shoulder for any type of regular wear jacket. Are the Wested Jackets more roomer then a suit jacket?

: Are any of you guys not a slim jim out there and have a 46 or larger jacket? If so please respond and let me know how your fit compared to a suit jacket.

: Thanks Guys
: daryl

First, in response to problem with Wested's e-mail:

I have heard that if you are mailing FROM an AOL account, you'll always have problems (for some unknown reason). If you are not mailing from AOL it is possible that you may have e-mailed Wested to their OLD e-mail account (which I believe is still active, but Peter was in the process of changing to a new one primarily). Someone else will have to step in here for more info. (HELP!)

As far as the sizing issue is concerned:

I too wear a 46 size suit jacket (with no alterations required). BUT, I can sometimes squeeze into a 44 (depending on the make/cut of the suit). I rarely buy a 44 suit for several reasons;
1. I like to have a little extra room to move around in (and it's much more comfortable for me), and
2. Let's just say I require a little more room in the chest area for carrying...uh....certain things :-)

Now I told you all that, just to tell you this: I recently received my Wested LC New Lambskin Jacket in size 46. It fits me beautifully! I love it! VERY comfortable, and plenty of room for movement (and a sweater should it become necessary) and my "other" item(s). To backtrack very quickly to your first question; I called Peter on the phone and gave him my measurements (and I believe this to be the BEST way to order your jacket IMHO). You may wish to go up to a 48. This would best be addressed by/with Peter when you call (he is VERY friendly and helpfull when it comes to personalizing your jacket). Just tell him your concerns and he will be able to advise you on what is the best direction to go in. One other possibility is to get some advice from Patterson. He also is one of us (not a "Slim Jim") who enjoys pumping iron from time to time. He might be able to give you some good pointers. You can also go back through the "vault" here at IndyFan and find some of his posts (they helped me out).

Hope this helps you out some. Good luck!

Regards,
Indiana Pete

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: