I'll start!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris King from gra-b.demon.co.uk on August 01, 2001 at 06:04:21:

In Reply to: OK, forget about pre-'Raiders' sequels. Sorry I ever brought it up. Anyone want to discuss jacket collar tips or hat ribbon? (nm) posted by Shawnkara on August 01, 2001 at 02:32:11:

Hi Shawn,

Here's some thoughts from me: Firstly, regarding the ribbon - I owned a Herbert Johnson modified Poet. Indoors, this is quite a dark brown with not much contrast between the hat colour and the ribbon. HOWEVER, when I took it outside and photographed my full Indy costume mannequin, the hat appeared much lighter and the ribbon looked black! That's why I originally suggested to Dr Brody that maybe the ribbon isn't in fact black - it's just the way the lighting effects the colours. I've ordered one of Dr Brody's Fedora's which comes with the Black ribbon so it'll be interesting to see if it is too much of a contrast. I'll be adding Fuller's Earth to it so that will probably lighten it anyway.

Regarding the collar tips. I have the large Raiders Lobby Card set that has a couple of great shots of Ford in costume. On both of these photos, the collar tips are rounded, just like my Wested and the stictching is very close to the edge. Jerry at Wested told me that there are two types of stitching method - one of them is "Edge row" which is what they did on the original, and the other utilises a setting on the foot of the sewing machine which has to be set just under half an inch from the end of the leather. This creates a neater line at the edge, but it is not the way they did it on the original.

My dissapointment with my Flightsuits collar is well documented, but it also appears that I got a bad one because Patterson owns a Flightsuits jacket that has more rounded tips than the one I had.

Sorry for rambling but hopefully SOMEONE will find it intersting!

Chris.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]