Help me out here

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix1-31.essex1.com on August 01, 2001 at 13:52:28:

In Reply to: IndyGear's Pictures posted by Beast of Steel on August 01, 2001 at 13:29:28:

Was your post an attempt at showing us that Indygear is as much to blame as anyone who takes pictures from them for ebay, or are you sincerely requesting that all pictures have copyrights on them. It's hard to judge your manner and tone from a post, but I would have to believe it is the former that you are trying to get across as a point.

While it does look true that this picture was taken from another, I don't think it pertains to this argument as this picture is not being used in any way to make a profit. Instead, many people take photographs from Indygear, use them for their auctions on ebay, and thus are falsely advertising. They are not showing the customer their product, but a picture of an item someone else owns.

I am all for the free use of photographs on the internet, but when someone is to profit from another's picture, then I believe credit is due, not only for the person who actually took the photograph, but also for the bidder on ebay who thinks they are looking at the exact item they are bidding on. I always use my own pics for ebay because they are pics of the items I am selling, not someone else's.

Just my two cents,
The Barkeep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: