Vice nice job Austin! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy30 from A040-0957.MLE2.splitrock.net on August 01, 2001 at 16:29:02:

In Reply to: My Federation posted by Austin Powers on July 31, 2001 at 23:59:17:

: Well I couldn't hold off any longer, I just had to shape this thing as soon as possible. Although I was leary of performing the dimensional cut(I botched my previous Akubra's), it turned out great. I used my PB's brim as a guide and learned a lot about how and where the brim widths change.

: I went to a fabric store and got a couple yards of their black grosgain(the lady called it GROgain) ribbon, and proceeded to clumsily create my hat's bow. After a lot of redoing, I finally got it looking pretty dang good, although I reckon my jimmy-rigged job could've been cleaned up a bit. The ribbon went on the hat fine(this's about my third "reribboning") and really contrasted perfectly with the darker brown of the hat.

: The overall shape of the crown after bashing resembles the 'Raiders' hat more than any other I've seen, including PB. The front pinch was very easy to create and maintains a nice, razor sharpness.

: According to Hats Direct's website, the Federation comes with a 2 7/8" brim, but mine was exactly was wide as my PB's 2 3/4", so I only had to take off 1/8" from the sides. And boy, that 1/8" really changed the look, it MADE this an Indy hat.

: Anyway, click the link below to see some before and after pictures of my brand-spankin' new Akubra Federation.

: Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]