When did the Indy costume become original?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Briede from tunny.nrlssc.navy.mil on August 01, 2001 at 17:17:01:

In Reply to: Will an Indy 4 spell success, or disaster? posted by Georgiana Jones on August 01, 2001 at 14:10:03:

... Our originality will go... ...bright bold risk takers wearing our gear in public... ...just be more fools...
..indy our dirty little secret...

The costume that some of you, as you call them, "fools" put on each day is a copy of the one worn in the "Indiana Jones" series of films. Have you forgotten that, Georgiana? These films are part of one of the most sucessful movie franchises in history; they are not your secret. That costume that you masquarade in is not originally Indy's either. It comes from several films of the '20's, '30's, and '50's, including the awesome "Treasure of the Sierra Madre." There is nothing original in copying someone else's wardrobe. It is not yours to hold onto. Anyway, under any other circumstances, why would someone want to dress like you? You, it seems, are not a "bright bold risk taker". All you are is an imitator.
Briede
This is not to be taken offence to by any of you other "die hard" gearheads out there. My favorite hat is the fedora, but that is the only piece Indy gear I have.
I will not be able to respond to followups until tomarrow. Sorry, Georgiana, Micah's rules.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]