Think I'll have a martini, shakened, not stirred.(nm0

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24.116.26.212 on August 01, 2001 at 19:19:11:

In Reply to: Alcohol as God posted by Scranton on August 01, 2001 at 04:38:00:

: I count 14 alcohol references in Raiders. (1)Indy and Dr. Brody toast their gov. asignment. Indy tosses it down in one gulp(2)Indy is offered a drink on the clipper(3)Marion drinks a man twice her weight under the table- This means she is a chronic alcoholic who has developed a tollerence (3) Indy has a drink in her bar(4)Marion asks Toht if he and his men want a drink (5) Marion gulps the booze draining out of the bullet holed barrel (6) Indy asks for ....whiskey?..(7) Toht uses alcohol as a weapon when he ignites it like a fuse (8)The monkey knocks over a glass of wine and rolls in it(9) Sallah's wife pours a glass (10)Indy thinks he's killed Marion, so he drinks 3/4 ? of a bottle of whiskey-(12) There's the big drinking scene in the tent with Marion and Belloq (13) Deitrich drinks to their success in the desert(14)The last line in the movie- "You know,...a drink?"..........The Last Crusade was basicly about a WINE GLASS- Christians believe drinking this wine is drinking God's blood. In Temple of Doom, Indy must drink the blood of the god Kali in a religious ceremony- (There was probably some Bacardi 151 in that mess) The Ark actually had a bottle of Jack Daniels in it 200 proof (pure), Thats why it blew up heads (brain anurism) and melted heads (an earthworm disolves before your eyes in pure alcohol) Spirits came out of the Ark- Wine and spirits. O.K., I'm done, don't drink and drive! Lots of rock stars drink 3/4 of a bottle and die. It kills you and your liver and gives you cancer and heart disease- But sometimes it makes you feel.....Invinceable....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]