Re: Bullwhip

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by J R Miller from d01a82b9.dip.cdsnet.net on November 20, 1998 at 12:05:03:

In Reply to: Bullwhip posted by D.Borton on September 12, 1998 at 22:44:40:

: : Gentlemen:

: : Nothing could ever take away from the quality and workmanship of David Morgan. His whips are amongst the finest available in the world today. However, if anyone is interested, there are several other top whip makers available, in the U.S., Australia and New Zealand. Most use kangaroo hide, primarily, for reasons already covered here. If anyone would like additional info, provided you are not already acquainted with, would be happy to provide contact information.

: : Specifically, I am referring to Joe Strain (U. S.); Matt Welsby and Derek Bould (Australia) and Peter Jack (New Zealand)

: : J.R. Miller

:
: Thanks J.R. you will get no argument from me on that. Those whip makers’ you mentioned produce some very impressive whips.

: Dan

Dan and Others:

I just receeived my new Red and Black 9 foot, 16 strand bullwhip from David Bould in NSW, Australia. Beautifully done. Boulds' web-site can be found at: WWW.healey.com.au/HOMEPAGES/derek. The whip cost me $215.00 and he does not distinguish between mono-tone and two-tone in his prices. He said 4 weeks and that is what it took.
Another whipmaker in Australia is Si Davey @ WWW.whips.Com.au

J R Miller

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: