If your TV is 9 years old, then its time for a new one!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by agent5 from spider-wf061.proxy.aol.com on August 01, 2001 at 23:54:22:

In Reply to: Technical question; DVD posted by Shawnkara on August 01, 2001 at 23:33:55:

: OK, I took the plunge and bought one of them there new-fangled DVD player things. Thing is, my TV is nine years old. The only connections it has is the coaxial cable jack and audio left/right. They showed me about $80.00 worth of splitters and adapters for the S video connection, but they all require fliking a switch from one component to another. Whatever I use will be behind my TV, in the corner, and inaccessible. I don't need or want a bunch of wires and cables and crap strung all over the place. Short of buying a new TV, what can I do?

There is nothing you can do. You will have to work the switch if you want it to work. I do. My TV came out the year before S-video and so I would need a converter for that too. There is a switcher that has a remote control but I think it is pretty expensive. Try Crutchfield.com, they specialize in all that stuff and will send you out a catalog and also have a 1-800# for cust. service that can answer ALL the technical questions you have. If you go the route of a new TV, then make sure you get a model that has enough imputs for all of your components. Usually only the big models (36" or larger)are displayed with alot of imputs, but you can ask for a smaller TV to come with those imputs as well. It may cost a little more, but in the end, you know you will get your moneys worth. Don't cheat yourself. TV's look alot better now than 9 years ago. I recommend Sony's VEGA. Splurge and enjoy!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]