Re: Hey Dale!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Dassel from iax-minden-ppp0012.iamerica.net on November 20, 1998 at 14:42:57:

In Reply to: Re: Hey Dale!!!!! posted by Michaelson on November 20, 1998 at 07:46:42:

: : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : I've been away for awhile. I just wanted to say that I just
: : : : : : : : : : received my Aldens and they are absolutely fantastic!!! Now all I
: : : : : : : : : : need is the Herbert Johnson fedora and I will have everything!!!
: : : : : : : : : : By the way, has ANYBODY heard ANYTHING about Indiana Jones and the
: : : : : : : : : : Secret of the Sphinx? I e-mailed Max McCoy about four months ago
: : : : : : : : : : and have heard nothing. It has been nearly two years since the
: : : : : : : : : : release of Hollow Earth, which promised Secret of the Sphinx
: : : : : : : : : : COMING SOON FROM BANTAM BOOKS. I wish!!! I've been unsuccessfully
: : : : : : : : : : trying to locate a Chronicle Book of Raiders- but to no avail.
: : : : : : : : : : If anybody would like some s of the Alden shoes I would be
: : : : : : : : : : happy to take some s and send them to you. I would also like
: : : : : : : : : : to say a special Hello to my friends Michaelson, Dan Borton, and
: : : : : : : : : : Max Schule. Hi guys!!! I missed you!!! Are we still friends?
: : : : : : : : : : I hope so. I've just been out of pocket for awhile. I'd like to
: : : : : : : : : : be a frequent contributor to this forum again. Oh yeah, I have
: : : : : : : : : : built a scale model of the Mayan pyramid in Fate of Atlantis. I'll
: : : : : : : : : : see about photographing it and sending some s to the Indy
: : : : : : : : : : fan art thing. I just need an address. It came out really good.
: : : : : : : : : : I used a camcorder to film it matted against the sky and with
: : : : : : : : : : real trees behind it, along with Enya music overlaying the sound.
: : : : : : : : : : It came out fantastic!!! May the Ford Be With You...

: : : : : : : : : : In the name of adventure,

: : : : : : : : : : Dale Dassel

: : : : : : : : : All I have to say is, Dale, where in the @#$% have you been !! Welcome back, old friend. Missed you. The book is supposed to be out in January, according to last report. Regards. Michaelson

: : : : : : : : Hi Michaelson!!! Well, I've been working on a number of personal
: : : : : : : : projects. I also took the entrance test (and passed!!!) for a technical
: : : : : : : : college. I am taking Graphic Communications (a fancy title for film-
: : : : : : : : making, artistic design, and (my favorite: SPECIAL EFFECTS PHOTOGRAPHY!!!)
: : : : : : : : My class is booked full until January. So I have a lot of time to .
: : : : : : : : In addition to my Mayan pyramid, I have been working on my comic books,
: : : : : : : : which I have been drawing since the 8th grade, and I am designing the
: : : : : : : : concept for a story called Equinox that I am going to write. It is a
: : : : : : : : story about the search for Atlantis and its ultimate destruction. The
: : : : : : : : tale takes place in the dark ages and is an Indiana Jones-style story.
: : : : : : : : I have also been typing and editing my travel journal from my trip to
: : : : : : : : California last year (where I visited Skywalker Ranch). I have also
: : : : : : : : been garnering support from my parents to get me the Alden boots,
: : : : : : : : which I picked up from the shop on Monday afternoon. They are SWEET!!!
: : : : : : : : Now I have to wait until sometime in 99' to get the HJ Poet.
: : : : : : : : What have you been up to?

: : : : : : : : -Dale

: : : : : : : : P.S.- How's the Wested holding up? Mine's great.

: : : : : : : Still working the late hours, and the Wested is holding up great too. Email me off line when you have the time. Regards. Michaelson

: : : : : : Will do, friend. Do you have the Alden shoes, too? If so, how do
: : : : : : you like them?

: : : : : : -Dale Dassel

: : : : : Heck no! As you remember last time we communicated, it was definately on my dance card, but the choise of either buying parts for my daughters Plymouth, or the shoes, need I tell you what won out? I'm still hoping. Regards. Michaelson

: : : : Well, I see your point. Check this out: I was trying to figure
: : : : out what the Last in Trubalance Last stands for. I asked this aloud
: : : : and my dad heard it. "Maybe it stands for Last Crusade." I said.
: : : : My dad replies, "It means it's the Last pair of shoes I'm ever going
: : : : to buy you." I was ROLLING!!! It was a perfect answer!!! :)

: : : : -Dale

: : : I totally understand his response! Yep, it's pretty hard to convince the "family unit" just how badly you need these shoes. The coat sell went well, but I just haven't been able to justify the purchase of the shoes to myself yet, as long as things keep falling off the house, a car, and the kids keep bringing home fees that need paid from school. rats. Regards. Michaelson

: : Well, the Alden shoes thing didn't come off without a hitch exactly.
: : The deal is that we have them, they fit me, but they are a Christmas present.
: : I don't get them until December 25. No sweat. As long as I know I have them.
: : But I definitely see your point about the cost of things. I once asked
: : my dad that if he could have known the extent that my Indiana Jones collection
: : would cost him, would he have shown me Raiders back in 1986. He said
: : something to the extent of "No $#@!% way..." Jokingly said, of course, but
: : honestly, as well. Now about the hat. Oh daad....

: : -Dale

: Welll, at least he's not dealing with a youngn' who's into collection stuff from the Aliens movies like me. This stuff KEEPS coming out of the woodwork, and of course she just HAS to have it. Oh course, old dad can't say no, considering what HE'S been collecting during her entire lifetime. She sort of has me pinned down, if you know what I mean. Regards. Michaelson

HA!!! So this is not just an isolated incident!!! The hobby of
collecting is becoming more and more expensive every year it seems.
That and the fact that the and promotional industries
are getting more and more relentless. They'll license Indiana Jones
toothpicks if they think they can make a buck off of it. And, like
you said, some collectors just have to have it. I understand that
money doesn't grow on trees, so I collect in moderation. By and by
I don't ask for a lot of things. But, more often than not, when I
DO ask for something it's usually expensive. I like to say that
I don't have expensive tastes- it's just that the things I want
happen to be expensive. And I can't control the price of things...

-Dale
(I can't think of any good way to end this letter)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]