Dude....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from pool-63.52.19.227.atln.grid.net on August 02, 2001 at 09:40:40:

In Reply to: Expedition update posted by Sam Cox on August 02, 2001 at 05:04:00:

That sucks the big one! Looks like they are just penalizing you for ordering goods outside the Crown Government....and that is a crock!

Hey, buddy....whenever you get ready to move to the US, I'll meet you at Hartsfield!

Sheesh....I hope you can work this out AND find your jacket-if you don't at least get that thing and it be just AWESOME-I am really going to feel bad for you!

We could have found a way around this, you know....I could have ordered the jacket for you, then put it in a separate, unmarked, box so that customs wouldn't have gotten their greasy, grubby little hands all over it! Ahhh, hindsight.

Well, I am thinking about you, sending good vibes your way!

Later, man!
Indydawg

: Hey all
: Here is the latest,the $308(aust)is apparantly not a cleaning charge after all.The import duty on leather clothing to Australia is calculated at 25% of the declared value of invoiced goods,in this case the goods were declared at $468.(US).With the current exchange rate of $1.oo Aussie being worth $0.51 it worked out to be about $208 worth of import duty,here is the clanger i am being charged G.S.T,Goods and service tax,or Government Sanctioned Theft of 10% of the duty.Extra $20.80 for the government bag man.The rest of the fees charged are for an INFORMAL CUSTOMS DECLARATION that i had to fill out myself.If i had declared it as a jacket and not a leather jacket i probably would have only been screwed for $100(Aust).
: Since leaving customs the fricking thing has gone missing,and noone can tell me where it is!!!!!!
: This is for all the dudes that said its worth it
: I hope your right
: Sam
: P.S the description of GOATSKIN on the invoice is what got my parcel pulled over.They suspected raw hides and opened it up and saw an expensive looking jacket.Random luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]