Let's take a trip to Cahokia!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix1-05.essex1.com on August 02, 2001 at 11:24:43:

In Reply to: Indy fan summit (a possible Midwest version) posted by Tessa on August 01, 2001 at 22:07:08:

Good question. Where would we have it, if we decided to make a midwest Indy summit. First of all, I'd like to change the name. Start our own Midwest Indy meeting since we've been left out of all that stuff in California.

Maybe a tour of Harrison's house in one of the suburbs outside of Chicago, then onto Ripon College- nah! That would be a Harrison Ford tour.

Cahokia is cool in that it has an impressive museum and mounds- and probably suitable for an outdoor meeting. Hard to tell just where would be good. And like another post above said, it is a better idea to actually throw some adventure into the meeting rather than have a bunch of us dressed up, talking, and drinking punch. I would like to meet my fellow Indyfans in a place that would also be a memorable experience (not to mention, it might actually help with convincing my wife to attend if she knows it's not just a bunch of Indyfans standing around talking).

We need suggestions. And soon. Agent 5 is from Chicago I think. So is someone else. We need to find out how many people are from the Midwest and would be able to attend if we were to even start considering this I think.

Just my two cents,
The Barkeep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: