Sam, for what it's worth....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace106.utsi.edu on August 02, 2001 at 11:31:18:

In Reply to: Expedition update posted by Sam Cox on August 02, 2001 at 05:04:00:

I just sent an email to Dave Marshall at Flight Suits, and attached the address of this message for him to see what is going on with you, so he's been appraised of your situation. Regards.Michaelson

: Hey all
: Here is the latest,the $308(aust)is apparantly not a cleaning charge after all.The import duty on leather clothing to Australia is calculated at 25% of the declared value of invoiced goods,in this case the goods were declared at $468.(US).With the current exchange rate of $1.oo Aussie being worth $0.51 it worked out to be about $208 worth of import duty,here is the clanger i am being charged G.S.T,Goods and service tax,or Government Sanctioned Theft of 10% of the duty.Extra $20.80 for the government bag man.The rest of the fees charged are for an INFORMAL CUSTOMS DECLARATION that i had to fill out myself.If i had declared it as a jacket and not a leather jacket i probably would have only been screwed for $100(Aust).
: Since leaving customs the fricking thing has gone missing,and noone can tell me where it is!!!!!!
: This is for all the dudes that said its worth it
: I hope your right
: Sam
: P.S the description of GOATSKIN on the invoice is what got my parcel pulled over.They suspected raw hides and opened it up and saw an expensive looking jacket.Random luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]