Re: GST - Crown governments, a wretched hive of scum and villainy...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sam Cox from proteus.bluep.com on August 02, 2001 at 14:14:37:

In Reply to: GST - Crown governments, a wretched hive of scum and villainy... posted by Sean on August 02, 2001 at 08:14:11:

: Sam:

: Not that I can be of much comfort - but I live is Canada and know full well of the G(etting) S(crewed) T(ax), a "temporary tax on good and services that will help eake out our national debt, and we can't stress temporary enough..." That was like, 15 years ago.

: Okay - I have a suggestion. Get your jacket (hopefully) and send it back to flighsuits. Get refunded all of your money, if possible. Then, get someone in the States to recieve a new jacket for you, someone you can trust, and have them box it differently and label it "2nd hand jacket" with no reference to leather, animals or anything of the sort.

: The reason I suggest this is that I sold an old Wested to a fella in...Queensland, and he said that if I labelled it 2nd hand jacket it would save oodles of cash.

: Other option - call FLightsuits and tell them to send a new one that isn't labelled cow, pig, chicken, duck, horse, elephant, goat...

: Good luck!
: Sean
Hey Sean
How goes it?
Its not easy beimg in a commonfilth country is it?
I dont mind paying the associated tarrifs but its a real slap in the face with the Aussie $$$ performing so sh%t.Our dollar has crashed about 00.19 aginst the US and it has happened as a direct result of this stupid GST.Consumer confidence has fallen,as a result we are spending less and have developed as a by product a very healthy cash economy,which is the exact thing a blanket tax was meant to eliminate.The Federal government promised us that a GST would never happen and it did.
Could be worse,we could have the post GST New Zealand economy
Regards
Sam

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: