Yep, they're after bigger fish to fry....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace106.utsi.edu on August 03, 2001 at 10:51:28:

In Reply to: Re: Any customs charges from Australia?? posted by Sam Cox on August 03, 2001 at 08:52:38:

..especially those international terrorists trying to import illegal diseased goat skin leather into their country undetected. (insert salt in wound here) (grins) (we see Michaelson diving under his desk as Sam Cox throws rock in his direction) High regards. Michaelson

: : : Boy am I glad I let you talk me into orderin' a Federation. After all the modifications, this is THE BEST Indy hat I've ever owned. The unbashed crown shape was absolutely perfect, and really lent itself well to the 'Raiders' look, although I KNOW a great 'Crusade' hat could've been sculpted from it as well. This hat has the deepest front dents that I've ever seen, which is really a must for recreating the hat from the opening of 'Raiders'. The new black ribbon really accents the color of the felt, which is similar to Indy's hat as it appears in Donovan's office.

: : : I think if somebody feels confident in their abilities to alter a fedora, then this is the absolute best option out there, but for those who want a great Indy hat outta the box I'd recommend a PB. I've never seen a Herbert Johnson in person, but I can't imagine it being any better than a well-altered Federation.

: : : Thanks again, man.
: : : Austin Powers

: : : P.S. It was only 50 bucks. Crap, for that price you could buy three and experiment on the first two. I definitely recommend ordering a size down though, as I fear they still haven't fully fixed the sizing problems. My old Akubra Bushman is a 58(7 1/4), and my new Federation is a 57(7 1/8) but fits like every 7 1/4 I own.

: Generally speaking declared values under $150 US seem to slip pat stateside customs without inflicting duty
: Sam

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]