Tell your wife you're safe

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on August 03, 2001 at 12:41:31:

In Reply to: Poll: Who thinks they have the most Indy collectibles in their collection? posted by Marhala Bartender on August 03, 2001 at 12:25:59:

I have (had) ALL that you list, and then some, but over the past couple of years I've either sold or given away a lot of it, as I find my principle interests changing. My collection is to large to list, and quite frankly, I'd have to re-inventory again just to see what's new and what's left of my old list, as I have 4 boxes stored in my garage, two in my house, and several misc. piles in my bedroom, and haven't bothered to collect them in one place yet. My philosophy is never to claim being the highest, biggest or best, as I always believe there's always someone better out there who just hasn't bothered to make themselves known. Anyway, tell your wife you're in good company....we're all nuts out here. (grins) High regards. Michaelson

: Now this is something I am really curious about. I know many of you just appreciate the films and are content to speak about them. Then some of you take it farther and collect the gear associated with Indy. And then some of you collect just about anything Indy related. Unfortunately (for my wallet that is) I fall into the last category and have a considerable collection of all things Indy. My friend likes to call it the biggest Indy collection on both sides of the Mississippi, but I know for sure of at least one guy I've come across that has one helluva bigger collection than mine, so I guess I'm just the owner of the biggest collection east of the Mississippi until one of you will most likely dethrone me in a subsequent post.

: Let me know what you have! State your claim for the biggest Indy collection in the US (or abroad)!

: For those who care, my collection consists of nearly every book, comic book, action figure, soundtrack format, photographs, t-shirts, buttons and pins, board games, magazines, trading cards, posters, and innumberable pieces of random "junk" with Indy on it that there is out there. I am missing only one or two items in regards to the figure playsets, and need to find a couple of the older books (FYF), and am lacking considerably on the gear as compared to most of you (only have a Disney hat- surprisingly lasted me through many trips pretty well, a soon to arrive Wested, two bags with straps, IMA holster, custom whip holder/belt (almost identical to those offered and much cheaper), cheap whip, and custom shirt/pants/shoes to boot.

: I think perhaps it's comforting, at least for my wife, to learn that people exist who are more obsessed with collecting Indy items than myself.

: Drinks on the House,
: The Barkeep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: