Do sewn edges refer to the ribbon ?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Smith from 209.37.101.147 on August 04, 2001 at 15:29:18:

In Reply to: LEE KEPPLER FEDORA REVIEW posted by Indiana Dan (The prince of LC) Excuse the length of this post on August 04, 2001 at 13:23:25:

: Well....... Yesterday afternoon, I picked up my fedora at flightsuits. First off, though off the subject, flightsuits is an awesome place, and if you can, GO. Now back to the hat. Lee was worried that it wouldn't fit, well...... It fit me perfectly, after realizing that one problem was solved, I began to inspect it. The first thing I always look at is the inside lining. This being satin, it immediately appealed to me. The leather sweat band was printed in gold, saying on the front 5 X fur felt. Now, my fedora was an LC style. Not a Raiders style, so with that said, and Lee knew that I wanted LC, so I then inspected the ribbon, and to my satisfaction, there before me was, what appeared to be a dark brown petersham ribbon. I could not believe it. And it was the sewed edges. I then inspected the felt, and the quality of it. And once again to my satisfaction, the quality was amazing. So then, I gave it the ultimate test. I looked in the mirror. Now, this is where the review really begins........
: The very first thing I noticed was that the brim was a little to large for me. ( I am a little guy, so that can be understood) I think if I cut maybe a little less then 1/8 that it will look perfect. The crown is perfectly creased. And it really looks like it came right off the set. Of course I will have to tweak the brim to my liking. So, if there is anyone out there considering if they should be one of these WONDERFUL fedoras. Do not fear. They are the nicest quality, and most accurate fedora that I have ever owned. Best Regards. Indiana Dan (the prince of LC)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]