Federation

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from 216.160.13.110 on August 04, 2001 at 23:44:01:

In Reply to: Fed Hat? What color is it? posted by Frisbee on August 04, 2001 at 20:16:34:

First off, I think the Federation is THE BEST Indy hat I've ever owned, and that's saying a lot. I've owned dozens of fedoras since '89, and this is by far the closest to what I MYSELF see on screen.

The color is not at all greenish, in fact, the color in person is WAY better than it appears in photographs. The "mid-brown" is much darker than say a PB or Stetson, but when it's coupled with a black ribbon it looks damn good. The closest scene in the trilogy that I can compare the Federation's color to is the scene in Donovan's office in 'Crusade'. When I have my Federation sitting on a table top it looks EXACTLY like Indy's hat as it sits next to the Grail Tablet.

Beware, however, that altering a Federation takes a little bit of knowhow. I botched up my first dimensional cut on an old Akubra Bushman(similar to the Drover), and this is not the first ribbon I've replaced. The more ribbons you replace, the better you get. But if you feel confident in your alteration skills, then I definitely recommend the Federation.

Peace,
Austin Powers

P.S. Click the link below to see a couple photos of my Federation(ordered on 7/26, arrived 7/30).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]