Is it just me?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupGG167.mpls.uswest.net on August 05, 2001 at 02:33:54:

In Reply to: I hated it! posted by Marhala Bartender on August 04, 2001 at 23:24:48:

**(Don't read on if you've yet to see the movie)**

Is it just me, or does every action movie nowadays HAVE TO feature a battle royale between thousands of people?

Maybe it's because the 'Mummy' movies beat this sequence to death, but it seems like it's becoming a staple.

I just recently seen 'Stargate' for the first time, and the new 'Apes' movie seemingly followed its plot step-by-step. Here you have someone travelling through time, arriving at an odd location, who then ends up helping the "locals" defeat some high-and-mighty evil power.

I also just saw 'Jurassic Park 3', and maybe that added to my disdain for current Hollywood plots. I feel so used and ripped-off, knowing that I've now paid for the same plots and storylines over and over and over again. When is somebody gonna be creative and come up with something new and fresh?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the last GOOD movie I saw in the theater, or otherwise for that matter, was 'Final Destination'. And yes, I DID see 'Castaway', which sucked somethin' awful.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]