American Cinematograpgher magazine, Nov '81 "The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken from spider-to013.proxy.aol.com on August 05, 2001 at 03:09:29:

I just received the 1981 November issue of American Cinematographer magazine which has the ULTIMATE coverage of the making of the best film ever made. Over 20 pages of coverage. It is broken down into 5 parts: Introduction, interview with Spielberg, interview with Richard Edlund who did the effects, interview with cinematogrpaher Douglas Slocumbe and interview with stunt coordinator Glenn Randall. Also there are tons of new pictures from the set that I have never seen before. Like I said before, THIS IS THE BEST WRITE UP IN ANY MAGAZINE I HAVE EVER SEEN ON THE PRODUCTION OF RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK!!!!!!!!
They even explained the one stunt in particular I have always wondered how they accomplished: The one during the truck chase where Ford is strapped onto the front of the truck with one leg on each side of the tire holding on for his life. They first said that there was no way that this could be done using Ford in the shot. Then once they eventually came up with the idea it was farily easy for them.

I won this magazine on Ebay just recently and thank god I won, because it's just simply awsome!!! And it only cost me $7.75 and that's including shipping.

Ken

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]