www.onlinesports.com has lots of vintage stuff, give 'em a try

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Smith from spider-tk081.proxy.aol.com on August 05, 2001 at 12:59:54:

In Reply to: Shorty's REAL Hat posted by Austin Powers on August 05, 2001 at 02:43:07:

: For the longest time I assumed that Shorty's wore an old Yankees cap. But upon further inspection one can see that the logo on the cap does not resemble the Yankee "NY" at all, it's closer to the logos of the New York Giants and Mets. Yet after searching the internet, you'll find that neither the Giants or the Mets ever had a color scheme that was anywhere near that of Shorty's hat.

: While checkin' out an online baseball cap site, I stumbled on an old Negro League team called the New York Cubans, whose logo is IDENTICAL to Shorty's. After doing a little more digging I found out that the team originated in 1935(1934 according to one site), and that they had many different hats. One old grainy picture has me convinced that they're wearing the white-crowned hat, with blue visor and logo. But I've yet to find that hat available online.

: Has anyone else come to the same conclusion regarding the real team behind Shorty's cap, and if so, have you ever found the hat for sale anywhere?

: Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]