Re: No Camels

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on November 22, 1998 at 12:04:37:

In Reply to: No Camels posted by Groo on November 21, 1998 at 14:58:47:

: I hope not. Also hope that the climax setting is NOT in desert. If Indy IV is made, I would like to see a vast departure from the Raiders and Last Crusade films; more along the lines of Temple but not so dark but with plenty of action. This will most likely be the last Indy film made by Harrison Ford, so I hope Lucas doesn't do something stupid like kill the main character as soooooo many films have recently.
: BTW does anyone know what Tom Selleck(Lucas and Spielberg's first choice to play Indy)is up to now? I haven't seen or heard anything about him in quite some time. I think it would be great if they could incorporate Tom into the next movie somehow. After all they already had Bond/Sean Connery(Indy was supposed to be Lucas' answer to the popular 007 films) in the last movie. It might be interesting if Tom was the enemy in the next film plus it would be a vast departure for him to be a villan. I wonder if Selleck ever regrets stayin on as Magnum P.I. instead of donning the fedora and whip?
: Pondering the Possibilities Regards,
: Groo

According the interviews I've read, Tom was sick he couldn't get out of his Magnum contract, because he would have loved to have done the part. CBS wouldn't release him to do the job, but he did do a Magnum show as a Raiders take off as a consolation from them, titled "Raiders of the Lost Art". I haven't seen him in anything recently but occational sitcoms myself. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]