My two cents....(to all the new and old Indyfans)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from proxy.iad4.netsetter.com on August 05, 2001 at 20:41:43:

Okay, since no one's going to be rational and be fair, I feel the need to get this off my chest. So here it goes...

When I found this forum six years ago in college, I thought it was a cool place to hang out and talk about Indy, Indy gear and Harrison Ford (even Star Wars as well). I found people who felt as passionately about Indy as I did. To this day I consider Webley, Goodsport, Meg, Indiana Jayne, Michaelson, All three of the Lamberts, Indiand Jerico and those I've talk to in passing to be my closest friends. They represent the true soul of the forum we're grown to know and respect as colleagues, friends, adversaries.
Years have passed, and new people have dominated the forum with snide remarks, rude insults, and sproutting off things that make no sense to be on the forum (I mean who care about Indy's condoms...even I know they did not exist back then...remember the sixties).
There are a few people that I count as friends since they came on (the Illinois Indyfans, Georgiana, Archeologists, Dr. Jones). But others remind me of how I acted back in junior high and even high school, the remarks my brothers and I threw at each other while I was still living at home. None of us needs this childish behavior. Most of you are adults and should act like it. Sure we laugh about it now, but where you come back in six years and see the disgust and vulgarity I see, you'll realize what I am trying to say.
The point is Micah made this forum so all of us could enjoy. If this nonsense gets out of hand, we can come back tomorrow and find no forum. DOES ANYONE WANT THAT TO HAPPEN? I know for a fact that it is being considered. If you're just here to stir trouble, go over to the NIM Rebellion site..it will give you a few laughs until the feeling has pass.
One more thing, if you post anything, be a man (or a woman) and post your email address. I'm sure others would like to get in contact with you personally. Keep that in mind when you post.

Tessa

Oh btw, the petition for the Indygear to be off the forum....how do you think that site started? From the creativity of others from this forum. Sure there's not much to talk about the movies, but we can still talk about the actors and their contributions to the movie industry. There are plenty of options..use them..but use them well

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]