I don't think you need to worry.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0299.cvx7-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on August 06, 2001 at 12:36:24:

In Reply to: An appeal to Paramount/Lucasfilm/ILM: please treat Raiders to a SE DVD... posted by belloq on August 06, 2001 at 12:14:13:

I'm sure that the quality of the DVDs (whenever they will be released) will be excellent. I don't think we will see a sub-standard Indy DVD.
As for messing with the f/x, I don't see the need. Raiders is 20 years old, just let it be. I want to see the original, not an updated version. Any extra (be it newly added scenes, updated f/x) should be an option.
Regarding the sound, doesn't even the latest VHS release have THX sound already? ;)
FG

: This is an appeal to Lucasfilm/ILM apply their "special edition" magic to the Indiana Jones films (similar to what they did for the Star Wars trilogy SE.) Especially regarding Raiders- no additional scenes are needed, but I would like to see them scan a new print from the original negative, clean up some of the spots and scratches, color correct some shots and clean up some of the effects shots using modern techniques and technology. The Raiders effects scenes are showing their age and it would be quite easy for ILM to repair some of the image quality problems in the final ark apparitions shots. 1)Find the original effects elements, 2)scan them into an effects/compositing system and 3)sync and digitally composite them without the image degradation of the old-school optical printer. A DTS audio track would also be an outstanding addition for the DVD. Just a suggestion...

: belloq
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: