Maybe I shouldn't say this.... Oh, what the Hell, it's never stopped me before...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-wl071.proxy.aol.com on August 06, 2001 at 17:15:44:

First off I'm no where near racist, so don't even try to go there. But on many points I'll have to agree with this 'no time for a name' guy. Istead of labeling him as you have maybe you need to consider the level of racism displayed in the idea of a black version of Indiana Jones. 'Raiders' is already a great story. For some black people not to enjoy it because of the color of the cast, now THAT is racist. The idea that some black people can't get behind a good idea made by, and starring, white people shows a level of racism on their part, not ours. Example: I love 'Friday', 'Next Friday', 'Shaft' and, well, MOST 'black' films. but at no point have I ever thought, "Those movies are great, but they'd be so much better with a white cast." THAT... would be racist, and THAT... is the sentiment expressed in the notion of of going to all the trouble and expense just to make Indy black. As I said, a great story is a great story regardless. I have several friends (black) who love Indy as much as I do. So what's the problem with some blacks who need to remake the thing? Simple, they're as racist as you've claimed our new Indyfan poster to be. There are plenty of black action heroes to act as role models and there is certainly room for more NEW ones. But to reinvent an existing idea for the sake of "skin tone", well, there's a fine line there. Try a little harder to see it before before you attack people with an over-blown sense of pseudo-politically correct rhetoric.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]