That would be cool...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 66-81-32-129-modem.o1.com on August 07, 2001 at 16:13:53:

In Reply to: Two thoughts: Appearance is over rated and an Indy contest... posted by AM on August 07, 2001 at 16:08:12:

I agree with the mindset to make it a "B" movie. Jurassic Park 3 wasn't too great compared to the other JP films, but it was a pretty good B-movie on its own. As long as no one is expecting something better than Raiders, we should all be happy with what we can get.

: I agree with Rundquist. Make up solves the appearance problem (as if it even is a problem). The question or problem revolves around story. I think they are looking for the perfect story to be written by a well known author. I remember hearing a theory that Indy 4 is it, the final chapter. My guess is that they are looking for an artifact bigger than the first three combined and an ending that tops all endings. That's a tough bill to fill. Actually, it's impossible.

: So, here is my suggestion. Make an action movie with the same mind set used in "Raiders". A "B" movie that is fun to watch. Deep down, that's what I would like to see!

: With that, I have a suggestion. GL and SS, I hope you're listening. Hold an Indy 4 contest where fans turn in a story line (Not screen play). The winners' story idea is used as a basis for the movie and he or she is paid for the idea. Lucas then owns the rights to the story and the winner is legally held not to reveal any story details.

: Can you imagine the thrill of being the winner and creatively contributing to an Indy movie? Any takers?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]