Re: REPLACE FORD WITH SELLECK? I THINK ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!Huh???

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mithrandir from ppp-207-193-28-82.snantx.swbell.net on November 23, 1998 at 17:00:15:

In Reply to: Re: REPLACE FORD WITH SELLECK? I THINK ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!Huh??? posted by Michaelson on November 23, 1998 at 15:47:58:

: : WHAT THE HECK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!!!!

: : NO, THERE IS NO WAY, NO WAY, NO WAY IN THE WORLD TOM SELLECK IS EVER GOING TO PLAY THE ROLE OF INDIANA JONES. I KNOW A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE AGREE WITH ME. TOM SELLECK? HEEELLLLOOOO!!! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES!!! TOM SELLECK? YUCK!!! THERE IS NO WAY IN THE WORLD THAT HE OR ANY OTHER PERSON ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH IS EVER GOING TO PLAY THE ROLE OF INDIANA JONES. HARRISON FORD IS INDIANA JONES. NO ONE ELSE COULD EVER BE. IT IS HIS CHARACTER. HE'S THE ONLY ONE. MOVIES TAKE TIME TO MAKE. GIVE IT SOME TIME. BUT TRY TO MAKE AN INDIANA JONES FILM WITHOUT HARRISON FORD? KISS MY BUTT!!! YOU'RE CRAZY!!! TRUST ME! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!!
: : DON'T YOU DARE MAKE AN INDIANA JONES FILM WITHOUT FORD!!!

: Uh, Rachel, not sure what set you off, but no one has suggested any such thing in any postings to date. The discussion was that Selleck was the first person approached to play IJ back when Raiders was being first cast back in 1980, and it was mentioned that he would make a pretty good villian by a couple of us too in any future possible castings, with a few disagreeing, but other than that, nope, don't know where you got that one. Regards. Michaelson

Besides, we don't make those decisions. Lucas and Spielberg and the other VIPs make those decisions. Anyway, I think it's safe to say Selleck won't be doing Indy any time soon. I'd still be kicking my butt if I were him.

Check six.

-Mithrandir-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: