SCREW THEM!!! Here's what you do...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by agent5 from spider-ti082.proxy.aol.com on August 08, 2001 at 00:19:49:

In Reply to: Alden Boot hunters or owners read!!! posted by Frisbee on August 07, 2001 at 19:55:37:

: Hi Guys,

: Iv found out some info that i thought you guys might like or wouldnt like to know about alden boots.

:
: A few days ago i called my local Shoe shop to get a price on the Adlens 405. Price they gave me was $135!!!

: So i went in the shop and ordered a pair, But after i had ordered a pair, the shop called me and said they had made a price error!!!

: Said the shoe was going to be $270. They stated that the price of $135 Was the DEALER COST of the shoe. Thats right there is over an $100 Mark up on that shoe. To make a long story short, they didnt sell me the Shoe. But Now i have to decide if i want to give someone $100+ over the price of the shoe? I know people have to make a living, Im all for that but $100 over cost? thats almost 100% markup.

:
: Frisbee

I've worked customer service for years and I know if you ask to speak to the STORE manager or even the OWNER and act like you mean business and NOT be mister nice guy, you tell them it is they're mistake and they have to live with it. What if you were a customer in line with the shoes to be rung up? Would they act the same then? They are only trying to get out of a sticky situation and in the end, the customer is right. Bottom line is: they should have told you the correct price the first time and if they weren't sure, they sure can check! I'd call back if I were you! Just say you got to thinking and you are now pissed off, etc, etc. Be polite, but firm and I think you have a case my friend!! Good luck. AGENT 5.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]