Re: Indy Contest.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on August 08, 2001 at 13:42:49:

In Reply to: Indy Contest. posted by AM on August 08, 2001 at 13:37:47:

Of course you're just being hypothetical, right? I think the problem is the very first line of your proposal, as I just can't see Lucasfilm sponsoring anything in these terms. He has never been open to ideas, and I personally know many writers who I have had the honor of critiquing their scripts attempt to approach the throne, and were flatly turned down with absolutely no explanation except that should a storyline be developed, it would be from ideas and discussion with Lucas first, and not from an outside source. All that aside, of course, what budding adventure writer WOULDN'T be thrilled, and believe me folks, we have a LOT of excellent writers that dwell among us. I've seen a lot of their work, and know this for a fact. Regards. Michaelson

: I posted a suggestion for an Indy 4 contest as a part of another post of a different subject yesterday, but didn't receive any responses. Either it was missed, or is a really bad idea. Either way, I was curious as to the responses it might bring and decided to repost the idea.

: Here it is:

: How about an Indy 4 contest sponsored by Lucas Films where interested fans turn in story lines (Not screen play). The winners' story idea is used as a potential basis for the movie and he or she is paid for the idea. Lucas then owns the rights to the story and the winner is legally held not to reveal any story details.

: Can you imagine the thrill of being the winner and creatively contributing to an Indy movie? Any takers?

: Just curious.

: AM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: