Toys McCoy...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by INDY 500 from Brantford-ppp108244.sympatico.ca on August 08, 2001 at 14:15:58:

In Reply to: Don't spend $750 on that. Get one of Shawnkara's INCREDIBLE Custom Indy's! posted by Chris King on August 08, 2001 at 07:45:27:

Chris,

I'm sure Shawnkara does indeed make a great custom Indy figure, but you have to admit that the Toys McCoy figure
is indeed a work of art, The box that it comes in alone is worthy of high praise and the head sculpt is dead on.
I recently bought mine on Ebay for $550, and I feel that it is worth every penny I paid for it. Although $750 is a bit steep,
I don't know how anyone could possibly regret buying it.

My humble opinion only...

Regards,

INDY 500

: Hi everyone,

: I used to own two of these Toys McCoy figures. I sold them both a while back. HOWEVER, I cannot stress enough just how good Shawnkara's Custom Indy figure is. It is FAR nicer than the Toys McCoy version. He's got a great looking serious faced Ford head that he custom made from a GI-Joe head, but for those that like the McCoy expression, he also offers an excellent painted recast from that figure.

: Shawn has made the clothing and accessories look much more accurate. They are the correct scale for starters. As you can probably tell, I'm really impressed with the figure I got from Shawn. All that is missing is a nice box but since I was always going to display mine out of the box, it really doesn't matter.

: Why spend $750 on a figure when you could get more than one from Shawn for the same amount!

: Chris.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]