The best thing to do would be.........

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on August 09, 2001 at 14:16:26:

In Reply to: Is the current Wested Raiders jacket accurate yet? or Has anyone noticed that their Wested Raiders jacket collar is too big? posted by belloq on August 09, 2001 at 13:36:12:

To give Peter as much info on how you want your jacket as possible. You should get accurate measurements and heck, send him a picture of you wearing your old jacket with a close up of your head next to the collar to illustrate what you don't like about the collar. Peter really does strive to give you what you want. When you watch the movies you will see that the details change throughout the whole movie (hat, jacket, and whip). plus everybody seems to see different details. The jacket is hand made, the whip is hand made. Most of us are use to off the rack items that are made by machine. There is no variance between them. I have found that there is usually a lot of variance when it comes to something that is hand made. Just something to consider. Cheers

: I purchased my Wested Raiders replica jacket in November 1998. I know it was before the recent pattern changes Peter has implemented, and I assume the fit of the pleats and the back and waist has been solved. (I assume he deepened the pleats and moved the straps to be more like the original?)

: So my concern is that the collar appears way too big (from inner seam to outer edge) for my size jacket (38 short). I have looked at the video and stills, and the collar definitely appears smaller on Harrison's jacket than mine. Even though the sleeve and total length is correct, the collar makes my entire jacket look large on me and in some instances does not look like the Raiders jacket at all.

: I have also noticed that the arms are a bit loose fitting- Harrison's Raiders jacket was more "fitted" or tighter around the shoulder/bicep. Even though it appears loose on screen, his entire costume was custom tailored, "fitted" or tighter in reality. To achieve a similar look, the costume replicas currently available must be custom fitted or made slightly tighter.

: Are these common problems of the old pattern, or is it just that some features of the jacket in the smaller sizes have not been reduced or scaled down to match the smaller total jacket fit? Are these slightly inaccurate details common to all of Peter's Raiders pattern jackets? Or if I order one of Peter's new Raiders jackets, are all of these problems corrected?

: This is not an attack on Wested's outstanding replicas; just an effort to be sure the current jacket is as accurate as it is going to get (before I decide to order another.) Twenty years after the film and many years into this search for Indy stuff, this community drops a lot of cash on these "replicas" and I think has a right to demand a considerable degree of accuracy at this point. (Don't get me started on my David Morgan $605 whip handle length problem!) Why, when we have all of this photographic data and fan research, are we still finding little inaccuracies in these expensive replicas?

: So, I guess my ultimate question is: does the current Wested Raiders jacket appear and fit like the original I see in the Raiders video (across all sizes)?

: Thanks,
: belloq

: I purchased my Wested Raiders replica jacket in November 1998. I know it was before the recent pattern changes Peter has implemented, and I assume the fit of the pleats and the back and waist has been solved. (I assume he deepened the pleats and moved the straps to be more like the original?)

: So my concern is that the collar appears way too big (from inner seam to outer edge) for my size jacket (38 short). I have looked at the video and stills, and the collar definitely appears smaller on Harrison's jacket than mine. Even though the sleeve and total length is correct, the collar makes my entire jacket look large on me and in some instances does not look like the Raiders jacket at all.

: I have also noticed that the arms are a bit loose fitting- Harrison's Raiders jacket was more "fitted" or tighter around the shoulder/bicep. Even though it appears loose on screen, his entire costume was custom tailored, "fitted" or tighter in reality. To achieve a similar look, the costume replicas currently available must be custom fitted or made slightly tighter.

: Are these common problems of the old pattern, or is it just that some features of the jacket in the smaller sizes have not been reduced or scaled down to match the smaller total jacket fit? Are these slightly inaccurate details common to all of Peter's Raiders pattern jackets? Or if I order one of Peter's new Raiders jackets, are all of these problems corrected?

: This is not an attack on Wested's outstanding replicas; just an effort to be sure the current jacket is as accurate as it is going to get (before I decide to order another.) Twenty years after the film and many years into this search for Indy stuff, this community drops a lot of cash on these "replicas" and I think has a right to demand a considerable degree of accuracy at this point. (Don't get me started on my David Morgan $605 whip handle length problem!) Why, when we have all of this photographic data and fan research, are we still finding little inaccuracies in these expensive replicas?

: So, I guess my ultimate question is: does the current Wested Raiders jacket appear and fit like the original I see in the Raiders video (across all sizes)?

: Thanks,
: belloq

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: