You are sooooooo right! (nm) P.s. John Williams i a genius

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Raideroftheark from spider-mtc-ti013.proxy.aol.com on August 09, 2001 at 16:22:36:

In Reply to: Indy spinoffs posted by McQuail on August 09, 2001 at 14:06:50:

: Remember how many Rip Offs there were back when Indiana Jones first came out? Tales of the Gold MOnkey, King Solomon's Mines, etc.

: It always seemed strange to me that Indy was never spun off into a Saturday morning cartoon. It seems like at that time it would have been an obvious and not-too-unusual idea. I mean afetr all, there were Ewoks and Droids cartoons, so Lucasfilms didn't have anything against using their properties in such a fashion. Superman was a cartoon in the late eighties, featuring John Williams music, Even The Fonz and Laverne and Shirley had their own cartoons. And, of course, Back to the Future was a series, essentially doing to Doc and Marty what Lucas liked to do with Young Indy, that is, to say, exploring real time periods. Wouldn't it have seemed like a pretty easy idea to get off the ground? Only one main character, a certain style, and not a lot of continuity to deal with, just the concept and character name.

: Was this ever even considered? And why not do it now? Maybe to drum up support for that long rumored Indy 4?

: Somebody, please respond!

: McQuail

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: