Re: Question for Michaelson

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Terry from spider-wg024.proxy.aol.com on August 09, 2001 at 18:00:13:

In Reply to: Question for Michaelson posted by James on August 09, 2001 at 17:28:32:

: This isn't Indy-related, but perhaps you could offer some advice...

: I've been trying for some time to find out the manufacturer of the holster(s?) used by Clint Eastwood in the film Dirty Harry (and its sequels) for his .44 Magnum. It just hit me today that I have access to some of the most demented people on Earth when it comes to authenticating film wear- Indyfans!

: Here's what I've got so far- I've had Safariland suggested, and an old company named Lawman Leather which is no longer around. I've also seen Bianchi holsters on Ebay that the sellers are pushing as the same brand that Dirty Harry used, but we all know how Ebay goes! Last but not least, The Original Jackass Leather Company (now Galco International) has also been given credit, although that didn't pan out either.

: Do you have any advice for how to go about researching this further or simply know outright? It has completely bedeviled every firearm expert I've asked, and the fact that it's a 30 year old film isn't helping either.

: Many thanks for any suggestions!
The Bucheimer company made that holster for years. They had discontinued it and then brought it back after the Dirty Harry Series was a sucess.
They manufactured it for a couple of years and dropped it again,enter Lawman Leather. This company copied the basic design and made it available for a period of between 5 and 10 years. They to have gone belly up I believe.
The original reason that Buchamier gave for dropping the design was, the hole in the area of the revolvers cylinder allowed dirt and dust to foul the cylinder.....Terry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]