True

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on August 10, 2001 at 12:08:02:

In Reply to: They turned Sallah into comic relief as well! This still bothers me about L.C. (nm) posted by KyleS on August 10, 2001 at 12:02:12:

His character change didn't bother me quite so much, as John Ryes-Davis (sp?) had limited screen time. He was sick during the taping, and they had to reduce his time by quite a few shots, so his bumbling around didn't get on my nerves as badly as Brody's complete departure from character. But good point, they actually did the same thing to Sallah as well. Regards. Michaelson

: : The only thing that has ALWAYS bothered me was what they did to Brody's character in L.C.. He was represented as a point of contact in Raiders, willing to go after the Ark if he we were younger to "getting lost in his own museum" in the Last Crusade. I really think they did his character a disservice. Just my opinion. Regards. Michaelson

: : : Hey Gang:

: : : So, what are your opinions? I've always had a slight disdain for the Young Indiana Jones scene in "Last Crusade." I don't mean to draw ire here...it's just that they seem stilted & a little too forced,
: : : almost like the filmmakers were trying too hard.

: : : I'm going to head you off at the pass - I KNOW that Phoenix made a great(ish) Young Indy and his mannerisms were classic Ford...I still don't like those scenes...I'm a traitor I guess!

: : : Also, I CAN'T STAND the revelation of Indiana Jones' name being Henry Jones JR., and that he was named after the dog. Yes, I know it's one of those great cinematic in-jokes, but it seems now that this one little joke is so ingrained in pop-culture that a great many deal of people think of that first when they think of Indy. I guess he'll always be Indiana Jones to me, not Henry "Indiana" Jones Jr.

: : : At any rate - what scenes, dialogue, editing, acting, ANYTHING, do you feel embarrassed for the cast & crew in ANY of the Indiana Jones films?

: : : Cheers,
: : : Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: