Good points!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on August 10, 2001 at 13:04:31:

In Reply to: Disagree! Sallah was comic relief already in Raiders, just more subtle... posted by Marhala Bartender on August 10, 2001 at 12:29:44:

It's just that I could understand Indy wanting Sallah on his side in Raiders. His line "you're the best digger in Cairo" shows that, as well as in Raiders I think that Sallah showed himself to be someone you'd definitely want on your side in a fight. In L.C., though he showed himself to be close field support, he didn't come across to me as the same effecient field man that he was presented as in Raiders. He was a comic, but it was on the surface. In L.C, it seemed the other way around. Once again, simply another opinion. Regards. Michaelson

: I don't think they made Sallah bumbling or ignorant in any way for LC, they just gave him more opportunities for comic statements. I don't think his character has changed, but the overall theme of LC was certainly comic-adventure oriented (well the adventure is a given), but definitely meant to be the most humorous of the trilogy.

: I mean, look at Sallah's lines in Raiders. They are light-heartedly and good-naturedly funny in their own way and I think LC kept that same approach. I think it is just the whole tone of the movies between Raiders and LC that has changed and which makes Sallah look like he is serving as another agent of comic relief.

: The Barkeep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]