Re: Temple of Doom!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Terjonofgreyhawk from 209.141.218.249 on August 10, 2001 at 16:24:11:

In Reply to: Temple of Doom! posted by Marhala Bartender on August 10, 2001 at 10:46:19:

: Almost everyone that knows me knows that I am a tremendously huge fan of the Indiana Jones films. What I get embarassed about with the trilogy is that awful second installation called Temple of Doom! In many respects, that film was just awful. The only reason I ever watch it is because it is Indy and there are some few select scenes that give some insight into the Indy character and are enjoyable to watch.

: But I get sick of people associating Indy with "the guy who gets his heart ripped out", "snake surprise", and the eyeball soup. That whole dinner scene was full of awful gags that I am ashamed to say were a part of Indy.

: Now Raiders is perfection! There is nothing there to be ashamed or embarassed about- I love it in its entirety and am happy to admit it. Last Crusade is a close second cause of its great character interaction, though the young Indy scene bothers me too- namely how fake that snake that pops out of the water looks, and then how clearly fake the snake is that he pulls from his pants and throws off the train. I know I'm being picky.

: A lot of people of the forum seem to have a problem with Last Crusade it seems like, so it makes me really wonder how you can swallow that garbage that was Temple of Doom so willingly. It was clearly a far inferior sequel, utilized far too many weak gags to elicit a response, and made Indy almost to the point of being a cocky jerk sometimes.

: I guess I invite criticism saying this, but who knows, maybe someone agrees with me.

: The Barkeep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]