I'm not fond of all that superstitious hocus-pocus.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Timmy The Tulip from user-2ivfjrr.dialup.mindspring.com on August 11, 2001 at 20:07:13:

In Reply to: Y'know..thats the one part of the formula... posted by Rabittooth on August 11, 2001 at 09:44:40:

Quite frankly, it annoys the hell out of me.
Someone once said that the last part of Raiders was just a dream (3k$ claimed that, if I remember correctly).
Well, Lucas, Spielberg and Ford have been known to get creative after smoking (At least back then).

TTT

: Y'know, I may catch some heat for this, but I find that the "Magical properties" of the artifacts portion of all the movies, which is definitely a major part of the Indy movie's "formula" is probably my least favorite aspect of the films. For whatever reason, the melting Nazi's (the most acceptable of the three), the bag burning, village rejuvenating rocks, and the wound-healing Grail water have always left me a little flat. I don't know why. I understand it's place in the plot, and I see that it lends a little extra level of "magic" to the films, but inexplicably, I just don't get jazzed by it. Anybody else feel this way, or am I all alone here? Don't get me wrong, it's not that I think these parts ruin the movies...far from it...I just don't find it to be one of my fav aspects.
: What do you guys think?
: -R

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: