Attn: MK, Michaelson, et al: A2 Jackets, Jacket Weathering, Pearl Harbour Jackets, and Indy Jackets!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Arizona Smith from host213-122-167-173.btinternet.com on August 12, 2001 at 12:30:11:

Hi all

Can't remember who was looking for the makers of the Pearl Harbour jackets or if they found them. If not: it's Eastman Leather. Try this link: http://www.eastmanleather.com/

Anyway, if you go take a look at the Pearl Harbour A2 jackets section, you'll see that they are offering a weathered/worn look to the jackets (without giving their methods away!). Looks good -- bit more subtle than Indy wear though!

Final comment to make here is that I notice (and this is something I'd never fully investigated before) that the A2 jackets do not have leather facings on the collars -- and these are authentic period jackets. So finally I can take some solace from the my pre-Wested revision Indy 'modified A2' also not having facings.

Any opinions on the Eastman jackets drop me a line -- I'm thinking of getting one -- esp. the 1940 RAF 'B3' equivalent.

If you've never checked them out before, Eastman look like good quiality jackets -- if pricey.

Cheers all
Arizona

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: