Hey graml...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Briede from s8.tc236.coslink.net on August 12, 2001 at 14:26:39:

In Reply to: I agree with you... posted by graml on August 12, 2001 at 09:29:03:

You wouldn't be talking about the book "A Peace to End All Peace: The Fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Rise of the Modern Middle East"? I think that is the title. Awesome book. I read it for World History. I have to agree with you: it was Young Indy that got me interested in history. However, I do not think I will major in history in college. You just look like you are having so much fun. :)
Briede
: I always figure the YIJC as Canon in the life story of Indiana Jones. Sure, they aren't always perfect; but they were far from the worst thing on TV back in '91-'92. Would you mind if I regale you with a story about my youth? Good. The Young Indy episodes got me very interested in history. For the first time in my life, I started going to the library and checking out books about history; mostly WWI-era stuff. I read dozens of biographies on the Red Baron, the Seven Pillars by T.E. Lawrence and a great book (Can't quite recall the title...) on the fall of the Ottoman Empire. This love of history continued into college and continues today. Because of YIJC, I now have a stress-filled low-paying job in a museum. Thanks Indy! ;)
: -graml
: PS I also dig George Hall's crotchety Old Indy. He was great!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]