Johnny gets his do more than others.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from 63.201.187.189 on August 13, 2001 at 14:19:38:

In Reply to: Unsung Hero posted by Austin Powers on August 12, 2001 at 00:59:27:

I agree John Williams writes some fantastic, beautiful music. But I would say that he is a "superstar" in the genera. More people know his work than any other film composer's. Of course what you are saying is true. The average Joe might not know his name. Was it Madison that said "the masses are asses"? Film music aficionados consider Alfred Newman the greatest film composer of all time, and I doubt that many people know his work or the inventor of the genera, Sergei Prokofiev. Your point is well taken though. Johnny is just as important as any of the other big talents. Can you imagine a Star Wars movie with a soundtrack by Michael Kamen? Cheers

xxxxxxxxx

: It's really a shame.

: It's a shame that the majority of the general public has no idea who John Williams is, yet every man, woman, and child knows his music.

: I guarantee you that at every beach and every swimming hole in North America, somebody will hum the 'Jaws' theme in hopes of frightening a friend. One cannot think of Superman without immediately hearing Williams' score. One cannot don a brown fedora a leather jacket without feeling the urge to run around "air-whipping" and belting out the 'Raiders March'.

: Guys like Spielberg and Lucas would be nowhere without John Williams, and I think they realize this. They show their loyalty and respect by hiring him time and time again.

: For what Williams has given this generation, musically, he should be as esteemed and recognized as Beethoven and Mozart.

: Austin Powers

: It's a shame that the majority of the general public has no idea who John Williams is, yet every man, woman, and child knows his music.

: I guarantee you that at every beach and every swimming hole in North America, somebody will hum the 'Jaws' theme in hopes of frightening a friend. One cannot think of Superman without immediately hearing Williams' score. One cannot don a brown fedora a leather jacket without feeling the urge to run around "air-whipping" and belting out the 'Raiders March'.

: Guys like Spielberg and Lucas would be nowhere without John Williams, and I think they realize this. They show their loyalty and respect by hiring him time and time again.

: For what Williams has given this generation, musically, he should be as esteemed and recognized as Beethoven and Mozart.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]