I don't know where Austin lives.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Timmy The Tulip from user-2ivfn1m.dialup.mindspring.com on August 13, 2001 at 19:24:04:

In Reply to: What I meant was... posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert on August 13, 2001 at 18:48:06:

Where I live people say the name John Williams when they hear his scores in the theater. I also hear them often say someone else's work reminds them of John Williams's. His name is definitely part of the popular vocabulary. Maybe not out there on the ranch?

TTT

: ...if you were to give the average everyday person who doesn't run around in a Wested a list of film composer's names, you'd find that most people would recognize John Williams the most.

: Granted, his scores are perhaps better known than the man himself, but that's true of everyone who is involved behind the camera. "The Exorcist" for example, is better known than William Friedkin (the director) to the public.

: Also, John Williams gets nominated pretty much almost every year for Best Film Score at the Oscar's. Hundreds of millions watch the show every year, so they're bound to recognize the name John Williams.

: I just don't think he's quite the underground hero you're making him out to be. His name is too familiar with the mainstream to be underground.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]