Re: Brim is too Flimsy

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2.frmt1.sfba.home.com on November 24, 1998 at 19:39:56:

In Reply to: I got a stetson temple... posted by HF605 on November 24, 1998 at 13:53:08:

: I recently acquired a stetson temple fedora. It is not a bad hat. My family says that I look good in it. The only problem with the hat is that its brim is very flimsy and hard to keep shape but for the price of them they cant be beat! I love this hat, don't get me wrong. I think it is a wise investment for those Indy lovers who don't want to spend a whole months salary on a hat. You will be complimented for your efforts.
: HF605

One way to make the brim firmer is to put a very light coating of hairspray on the brim (don't put any on the crown since the spray will make it too hard and uncomfortable). Michaelson got this tip from someone involved with Stetson-apparently the laquer used on hats is essentially the same thing as ordinary, store bought hairspray. You should be able to hold the look you want using this method, and it's cheap and easy.

Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]