Wow man, that helped alot! Thank you! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Coil from dialup-208-187-56-164.pre.commspeed.net on August 14, 2001 at 00:37:35:

In Reply to: Re: How's the length on a Wested Raiders? posted by Frisbee on August 14, 2001 at 00:21:26:

: : Okay, I got about 200 bucks, and scoring another 50 or so is no problem, and well, I need a new jacket. Thus, I'm considering taking the Wested plunge. I had many concerns to begin with, namely, they were:

: : Was the jacket closer to black than brown

: : Would it look like those nasty biker jackets

: : would I be sure of ordering the right size

: : I fixed most of my fears, thanks namely to IndyGear and MK's site, but the one remaining fear is the length. I took great admiration to the Wested Raiders, I wanted a dark jacket, but not a black one. But I noticed it was short. I also remember people referring to it as a "tunic" jacket. Now, I wear my pants a few inches(3-4) below the waist, and I was worried that the jacket would not cover the top of my jeans. So my questions to Wested Raiders owners is, am I worrying over nothing? Does it cover Exactly to the normal waist area? Do I order a (X representing whatever size I am, haven't measured yet) XL? Or does wested make their Temple jacket in the same dark tint of the raiders.

: This might help you. I Dont like short jackets at all, I order my Wested last week and one of the things i asked for was a longer jacket, here is your opions.

: That Jacket will either be a 46(or what ever size you were) in a R or L size. R being regular and the L being Long.

: R is 25"
: L is 27 1/4"

: that the lenth to the shoulder to the bottom of the jacket. I wanted between 28-30" so you can see that the L was close for me. Hope this helps you out some. Also for the color i went with the Black Lambskin. I didnt want to look like Indy ever where i went. :-) But I do think the Brown Lambskin is a good close match. Altho i do not own a brown wested.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]