Re: Help! Whip dilema!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Smith from proxy2-external.smateo1.sfba.home.com on August 14, 2001 at 01:39:37:

In Reply to: Help! Whip dilema! posted by Patterson on August 14, 2001 at 01:25:07:

I just bought another Mark Allen. You can't go wrong. I've been to many different whip sites, and looked at many different pictures.

Bottom line, it is as close a match to what was used in the film, to my eye, as can be found. Why pay extra just for the David Morgan's name? The Mark Allen whips are made with the same methods. They are beautiful to look at, and crack great from the beginning. If you get one in natural tan, you do have to let it "age" a little to get that Indy color. They do look too light when they are new, but it is normal. A bit of sun, use, and Fiebling's Aussie Leather Conditioner and you will have a damm close duplicate of Indy's whip in no time.

Why not buy one and check it out? You can always return it as long as it is still in new condition. Call them up. Mark is usually there and is happy to talk whips. Obviously, I hightly reccomend them.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]