Quite right except....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from 63.201.187.189 on August 14, 2001 at 15:44:20:

In Reply to: Re: Toughest Indy Jacket???? posted by Doctor on August 14, 2001 at 14:25:15:

Flightsuits and Wested will make one out of horsehide. Horsehide will also dull quite a bit with age. Depending on how it is tanned, it can be next to indestructible. cheers

xxxxx

: Horsehide gets my vote for toughest leather followed closely by goat. As far as I know nobody is currently making an Indy jacket out of horsehide as the leather is heavy and tough to work with. It also has a tendency to be very shiny, so much so that you would swear it is vinyl from a distance.
: If you are looking for a jacket that can take some punishment try Vanson leathers (www.vansonleathers.com). Many of the jackets they produce are designed to act as a barrier between you and the road should you take a spill off your ride. I can vouch for their products as being excellent in both the quality of leather and construction. They, unfortunately, do not offer anything that looks like an Indy jacket as worn by Ford. You might be able to find a jacket style similar to young Indy's mentor in the opening of the Last Crusade sequence.

: Best Regards

: Doctor

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: