Re: Yo, Fedora and Michealson! I need hat sizing advice...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace106.utsi.edu on August 14, 2001 at 15:53:51:

In Reply to: Yo, Fedora and Michealson! I need hat sizing advice... posted by Patterson on August 14, 2001 at 15:45:42:

I can only speak for myself, and I had to go with a long oval, even leaning more toward an extra long oval. (Joe teased me, saying it was probably due to my Welsh background) Anyway, my PB is currently waiting for his return at the shop, as the long oval shape seemed to return to a more round shape during the summer, and the hat is TO tight to suit me. I'm not a big fan on the "tigher is better" practice, as it's hard on seams and the sweatband. Snug is good, but if you have pressure points at the front and back of your head, and little pressure on the sides, then the long oval is definitely the direction you'd want to go. That's what I had to do. Did this help? Regards. Michaelson

: Hey guys,

: I'm about to place an order with PB. As Joe Jr is out on vacation for a few more days, I figured I'd bounce this sizing question off of you two.

: My first PB was a 7 5/8. I based this on previous Stetsons, which fit snug. My PB, though was pretty damned tight when she arrived - tight front and back, but just a bit of room on the sides. When I wear it for a few minutes, it fits fine, though still pretty snug. Once I work up a bit of a sweat - living in the desert, that isn’t tough - it slides on and off very nicely, but remains on securely. I am 99% sure Joe gave me a long oval hat. Am I asking for frustration if I go up to a 7 3/4? My thought is that I can always put a bit of something in the lining if I find it too loose in spots.

: One thing on the 7 5/8 - it really doesn't fit if I go much beyond 4 weeks between haircuts.

: I'd really appreciate your thoughts. A "professional" at a men's hat shop in Seattle once told me "tighter is better" when choosing a hat, and I am wondering if I've let this taint me.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: