Re: Tom Selleck in the Indy films

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark from pool-207-205-148-232.dlls.grid.net on November 25, 1998 at 00:56:14:

In Reply to: Re: Tom Selleck in the Indy films posted by Michaelson on November 24, 1998 at 19:34:18:

I agree, I don't think Selleck would have made a good Indy. In the acting world, there seem to be two kinds of actors- television actors and movie actors, they are usually really great at one but rarely at both. Selleck is a great television actor, Ford is a great movie actor. Selleck has made several movies yet we still look upon him as Magnum P.I. He never really stood out for his movies, even though a few were pretty good. Why this is, I don't know. Maybe because movies tend to show more of an intimate side of a character, whereas Selleck doesn't seem to open up as well as Ford does. Take a look at The Fugitive, Selleck could never have come across as convincing as Ford, yet I don't think that Ford would have done that well on television. I don't think the Indiana Jones movies would have had the impact and personal element that they had, if Selleck would have taken the slot.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]