Just talked to David Morgan...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.201.103.106 on August 14, 2001 at 18:57:41:

I decided to go ahead and follow the advice I always seem to give - if you have a question, pick up the phone!

I had a nice talk with Mr. Morgan - a very nice fellow, and quite willing to spend time answering questions. First off - the handle is the same length it has always been. Absolutely no question in the man's mind. The issue fans have been noticing is the normal variation in where the different pattern of braiding transitions between the diamond pattern and the thong. This will tend to be closer or farther from the butt from whip to whip, never varying by much. He said in fact that he prefers to put it closer to the butt rather than farther, but it all amounts to cosmetics.

We had a long talk about the utility of going with an 8-footer, and I was going to go that way. Then he said something that made my blood freeze: "Now if you are a true dyed-in-the-wool Indiana Jones fan, then it is the 10-footer you really need. It is the only one Ford had hanging from his belt, regardless of what you might hear to the contrary. But I really do recommend the 8 footer because you really are more likely to get more utility from it..." Well I was hearing the utility part, but in the back of my mind the Raiders March was playing. I went with a 10-footer...

Well, maybe an 8-footer down the road?

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: